Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011
9/22/2011--Reported to Senate amended. Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 - (Sec. 3) Defines "sensitive personally identifiable information" for purposes of this Act to include: (1) specified combinations of data elements in electronic ...[more]
- Sen. Patrick Leahy [D, VT]
- Sen. Richard Blumenthal [D, CT]
- Sen. Benjamin Cardin [D, MD]
- Sen. Al Franken [D, MN]
- Sen. Charles Schumer [D, NY]
Latest Legislative Action
- November 07, 2011 - By Senator Leahy from Committee on the Judiciary filed written report. Report No. 112-91. Additional and Minority views filed.
- September 22, 2011 - Committee on the Judiciary. Reported by Senator Leahy with an amendment in the nature of a substitute. Without written report.
- September 07, 2011 - Committee on the Judiciary. Hearings held. Hearings printed: S.Hrg. 112-126.
- June 07, 2011 - Read twice and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.
- June 07, 2011 - Sponsor introductory remarks on measure. (CR S3544-3545)