Geolocational Privacy and Surveillance Act
6/14/2011--Introduced. Geolocational Privacy and Surveillance Act or the GPS Act - Amends the federal criminal code to prohibit intentionally: (1) intercepting geolocation information pertaining to another person; (2) disclosing to any other person...[more]
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz [R, UT-3]
- Rep. Rob Bishop [R, UT-1]
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer [D, OR-3]
- Rep. Steven Chabot [R, OH-1]
- Rep. Judy Chu [D, CA-32]
- Rep. Hansen Clarke [D, MI-13]
Latest Legislative Action
- May 17, 2012 - Subcommittee Hearings Held.
- July 11, 2011 - Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
- June 14, 2011 - Referred to House Intelligence (Permanent Select)
- June 14, 2011 - Referred to House Judiciary
- June 14, 2011 - Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select), for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned.
DMA’s full analysis of H.R. 2168 is now available for DMA members.