- Meredith's Stephen M. Lacy named Chairman of the Board of Directors of MPA ... - Talking New Media - October 29, 2014
- Teradata Marketing Applications CMO Lisa Arthur Named DMA Marketer of the ... - PR Newswire (press release) - October 28, 2014
- DMA 2014: As Data-Driven Marketing Gains Traction, Governance and Analytics ... - Destination CRM - October 28, 2014
- quad to spotlight proven marketing strategies at 2014 direct marketing ... - WorldPressOnline (press release) - October 26, 2014
- inMotionNow Invites Marketers to Worktopia at Direct Marketing Association ... - Consumer Electronics Net - October 26, 2014
Comprehensive Postal Reform
The Postal Service (USPS) continues to lose $25 million per day, and Congress has failed to enact any postal reform legislation. DMA participates in monthly meetings with the Postmaster General, and has met with the staffs of Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to urge them to pass postal reform legislation—essentially, we have asked them to “Just Do It!” DMA Senior Vice President, Jerry Cerasale, testified before the House Committee in April giving just that message. The day of that hearing, USPS announced it would not eliminate Saturday mail delivery the week of August 5 but may look at significant postage increases. However, testimonies given before the House Committee in a July hearing indicate that a shift to 5-day delivery is still viable as a provision for any future legislation. Without some financial relief coming from a congressional resolution, USPS will not make payroll before the end of 2014.