- Incremental Media's Dave Smith on Taking an All-in Approach - Allvoices - allvoices - July 27, 2015
- The Co-operative Advantage - Co-operative News - Co-operative News - July 27, 2015
- Teamed with comms tech, print can perform marketing magic | PrintWeek - printweek.com - July 27, 2015
- An Historic Week for E-Commerce? - Direct Marketing News (blog) - July 23, 2015
- Life Insurance Direct Marketing Association Announces The 2015 Fall Meeting ... - Satellite PR News (press release) - July 23, 2015
Comprehensive Postal Reform
The Postal Service (USPS) continues to lose $25 million per day, and Congress has failed to enact any postal reform legislation. DMA participates in monthly meetings with the Postmaster General, and has met with the staffs of Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to urge them to pass postal reform legislation—essentially, we have asked them to “Just Do It!” DMA Senior Vice President, Jerry Cerasale, testified before the House Committee in April giving just that message. The day of that hearing, USPS announced it would not eliminate Saturday mail delivery the week of August 5 but may look at significant postage increases. However, testimonies given before the House Committee in a July hearing indicate that a shift to 5-day delivery is still viable as a provision for any future legislation. Without some financial relief coming from a congressional resolution, USPS will not make payroll before the end of 2014.