- Study: More people buying alcohol, natural products and medicine online - YLE News - March 10, 2014
- Merkle Posts Record 2013 Results with more than 18% Organic Growth - SYS-CON Media (press release) - March 10, 2014
- Snowden (Virtually) Visits SXSW, and Aereo Goes Dark in Two Cities - National Journal - March 10, 2014
- Comcast cash spread wide on Capitol Hill Trouble for patent demand letter bill ... - Politico - March 10, 2014
- Direct Marketing Association Strongly Objects to Sunday's 60 MINUTES - Broadway World - March 10, 2014
Comprehensive Postal Reform
The Postal Service (USPS) continues to lose $25 million per day, and Congress has failed to enact any postal reform legislation. DMA participates in monthly meetings with the Postmaster General, and has met with the staffs of Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to urge them to pass postal reform legislation—essentially, we have asked them to “Just Do It!” DMA Senior Vice President, Jerry Cerasale, testified before the House Committee in April giving just that message. The day of that hearing, USPS announced it would not eliminate Saturday mail delivery the week of August 5 but may look at significant postage increases. However, testimonies given before the House Committee in a July hearing indicate that a shift to 5-day delivery is still viable as a provision for any future legislation. Without some financial relief coming from a congressional resolution, USPS will not make payroll before the end of 2014.