- DMA: One-third of consumers ignore app push notifications - ashdowngroup.com - July 31, 2014
- Better Business Bureau: Protect your privacy; prevent unwanted contact - Minuteman News Center - July 30, 2014
- John T. Spitznagel Has Been Recognized by America's Registry of Outstanding ... - PR.com (press release) - July 30, 2014
- There's Strategy To Using Google Grants - The NonProfit Times - July 29, 2014
- Modern marketing methods that all businesses should be adopting - The Economic Voice - July 29, 2014
Comprehensive Postal Reform
The Postal Service (USPS) continues to lose $25 million per day, and Congress has failed to enact any postal reform legislation. DMA participates in monthly meetings with the Postmaster General, and has met with the staffs of Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to urge them to pass postal reform legislation—essentially, we have asked them to “Just Do It!” DMA Senior Vice President, Jerry Cerasale, testified before the House Committee in April giving just that message. The day of that hearing, USPS announced it would not eliminate Saturday mail delivery the week of August 5 but may look at significant postage increases. However, testimonies given before the House Committee in a July hearing indicate that a shift to 5-day delivery is still viable as a provision for any future legislation. Without some financial relief coming from a congressional resolution, USPS will not make payroll before the end of 2014.