- LIDMA Announces 2014 “Seal Of Approval” Recipients - Insurance News Net - September 29, 2014
- New Jersey Farm Bureau Focus - NJ TODAY - September 29, 2014
- Post Office strike hits direct marketers hard - Citizen - September 29, 2014
- CHC Stresses Privacy, First Amendment, Self-Regulation at DC meeting - PharmExec.com (blog) - September 26, 2014
- Marketing firm hires West Hartford residents - West Hartford News - September 26, 2014
Comprehensive Postal Reform
The Postal Service (USPS) continues to lose $25 million per day, and Congress has failed to enact any postal reform legislation. DMA participates in monthly meetings with the Postmaster General, and has met with the staffs of Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to urge them to pass postal reform legislation—essentially, we have asked them to “Just Do It!” DMA Senior Vice President, Jerry Cerasale, testified before the House Committee in April giving just that message. The day of that hearing, USPS announced it would not eliminate Saturday mail delivery the week of August 5 but may look at significant postage increases. However, testimonies given before the House Committee in a July hearing indicate that a shift to 5-day delivery is still viable as a provision for any future legislation. Without some financial relief coming from a congressional resolution, USPS will not make payroll before the end of 2014.