- Major Agency CEOs Come Out Against Ad Tax Deduction Limits - Adweek - December 11, 2013
- CakeMail Announces New Plugin on WordPress.org - PR Newswire (press release) - December 11, 2013
- 4 Keys to Using Social Media Content for Real-Time Marketing - Business 2 Community - December 11, 2013
- Mobile marketing company wins Organisation of the Year from Direct Marketing ... - Bizcommunity.com - December 11, 2013
- News Byte: DMA Appoints Oswald VP of State Affairs - Direct Marketing News - December 11, 2013
Over the past few years, DMA has lobbied to protect the personal income tax deduction for charitable giving. The Obama Administration has consistently pushed to cap the deduction at 28% which would be a significant reduction in the deduction for high income Americans whose top tax bracket is at 39.6%. In a time of sequestration of federal spending and significant political pressure to reduce the deficit, charitable deduction limitations or caps remain a welcoming target. DMA is part of the Charitable Deduction Coalition and, with the DMA Nonprofit Federation, will continue to fight to preserve the charitable deduction which is the only tax deduction where the taxpayer determines the beneficiary.